Friday, April 27, 2012

18 Till I Die is one of my favourite songs, it's the one that sort of sums me up the best

Have you been able to take time to sightsee in India? What do you like the most about India and its people?

Of course we've done sightseeing. We first started playing in India in the early 90s and now we have a very strong following as a result. One thing that must always be said for the Indian people is that their loyalty is the best, and that is why we are back. Without a doubt, no matter where I play in the world, even in Canada and the USA, I always see sections of Indian people. I think it’s love. Back in the 90s, my band and I were the first international artistes to do a big outdoor concert in Mumbai. We are proud of this. We have always had such an overwhelming response.

Are you excited about this concert? Have the previous concerts here been special too?

Full band show! It will be complete with all the songs my fans know and love, maybe a few others for good measure. I have a Twitter page and thousands of people are asking me all the time to come to different countries, the majority of them come from India. I've just released Bare Bones, a new acoustic album, and this will be my fourth time to tour and visit India. Everyone on my team is very excited to return because on this tour we are playing in places we've not been before. I make a point of always seeing something different every time I return, this time we are going to be playing not only Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi, but also Hyderabad and Pune.

What got you started on charity work and the Bryan Adams Foundation? Are there particular causes that are of special interest to you?

It was launched at the time of the Tsunami in Asia. Since that time, I’ve gotten involved in many different kinds of projects, but it is now mainly focused on education of children, as I believe it is the greatest gift you can give someone.

How closely do you work with the Foundation? Do you suggest projects or areas of interest, or simply contribute and let the board run it?

I'm very hands-on with how the Foundation is run. It's one of my great joys. As a touring musician, the more you travel, the more you see, and the more you see the more you educate yourself to the world, and with that, wanting to try and help where you can.

Will you be visiting the IIMPACT learning centres in Rajasthan, which have been given a second grant by your Foundation?

Yes, I hope to meet some of the people and the students from the learning centres on my visit.

You're the king of love songs. What inspires you to pen such soulful numbers?

18 Till I Die is one of my favourite songs, it's the one that sort of sums me up the best, I suppose. Writing music is a cathartic experience, it's fun to put together melodies and words from thoughts and fragments I've thought about. However, I usually have to go somewhere to write; somewhere I can close the door and be alone.

Do you enjoy composing the music or the lyrics more?

I love the whole process. It's the most challenging thing I can think of, to create a song from nothing, which actually is also a good song. You see, there are many songs written before you get to a good one, and unless you do it and work at it all the time, it won't happen. It's work.

What does music mean to you?

I'm inspired by the idea of creating something; it's what rules my world. That and love.

What's your ambition for 2011?

I've got music coming out in three films this year, with some of it being recorded by other artists. As far as a studio album is concerned, I think the next thing I will do is a Bare Bones 2, but we’ll see. My dream now would be to see the fairness of the business come back, because no one is getting paid fairly for music anymore, and that isn't going to be good for developing new upcoming artists or songwriters. The ISPs need to share their business with the entertainment world one day, as they have sold billions of Internet subscriptions to billions of people on the back of being able to download things for free. Young musicians today will never be able to earn a proper living, and it's an awful situation. If you were a musician today, you would have more luck making a living by programming video games than writing songs.

Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
IIPM: What is E-PAT?
Planman Technologies is Leaders in educational publishing solutions
Management Guru Arindam Chaudhuri Dean Business School IIPM

1 comment:

Hyundai i20 said...

I give answer last one In 2012 i want to buy a hyundai i20