Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kapil Dev speaks to Planman Media…

IIPM - Admission Procedure

Your reaction to BCCI’s treatment with you?

I’mKapil Dev not angry at all. I have always believed that people associated with these boards must have respect for the sportsman and I am glad that my country can see that too. We don’t need Businessmen and politicians on our boards, but unfortunately our system does not run without them. And if today I want to change that, what’s the issue? The board says that one cannot work for two organisations, but we have created only a small league to have tournaments. What’s wrong with that?

How did you get involved with the ICL?

To be honest, it was great for cricketers! Mr. Chandra looked at it as a business opportunity and as long as it is benefiting sports and the sportsmen, I have no problem. Financially sound individuals are behind the plan and they will see it through.

Will your involvement with ICL make any difference to fans and players?

It’s difficult to say. I hope it all remains positive. But you try to do a 100 positive things and 20 do not work. I just want to see sportsmen in our country ready to take up challenges. We want to do well in sports, but our culture isn’t geared toward sports. ICL has done something that I never thought could happen.

As told to Megha Jaitley

For more articles, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2008

An
IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
When IIPM comes to education, never compromise
IIPM is A World of Career
Why Study Abroad When IIPM Gives You 3 global Advantages!


No comments: